Sanur – the perfect place for families?
You are the mother or father of two and planning to settle down somewhere in Bali where your kids can grow up happily? Or you are at the age before retirement and looking for a place to spend your senior years? Do you enjoy drinking a cocktail on a Friday night but this is not the only thing which makes your everyday life complete, right? If you recognize yourself as one of the above, you should consider Sanur as a suitable place to your needs – no matter if you think about days, months or years. We have some good reasons why.
Relaxing village life
Sanur is a lovely beachside town in East Bali. Its older houses with traditional Balinese design remind us that it is the earliest resort area on the island. It has a less intense atmosphere than the youngish and energetic Seminyak or Kuta. Stylish restaurants, cozy villas, private resorts, family-friendly programs and a nice beach walk make this place special for everyone. It can be a romantic getaway for couples, unique experience for family holidays or an original choice for relocating your life for a longer period of time. Life here is more about a balanced relaxation than partying all week long. That’s why Sanur is an attractive destination for families or elderly couples.
Getting around easily
Location matters. Especially during the high season when you are stuck in the traffic in Seminyak or Ubud. If you are well-informed you probably know that Sanur is one of the most advantageous areas in Bali in terms of location.
- It has less traffic in all seasons than other touristic regions
- Popular areas are easy to reach from here: Bukit is 30 minutes’ drive, Ubud 20 minutes’ drive, and even Canggu and Seminyak are close
- It has a port where boats depart to the islands nearby like Nusa Lembongan or the Gili islands
- Exploring the area on a bicycle is not dangerous due to less busy roads
- You can have a walk on the sidewalk without jumping out of a motorbike’s way in every minute
There are a few spots in Bali where small children can have limitless fun. Safari or Waterbom can be amazing during a holiday but what about those youngsters who live here permanently? Parents should take other factors into consideration like school opportunities or safety. We have good news, much less crimes happen in Sanur than in other areas which are popular among foreigners. Less parties mean less drunk people on the streets and on motorbikes.
Another good thing is that the town is quite developed in terms of education as well. Bali International School or Sanur Independent School are both great choice for foreigners. Not to mention the bunch of interesting “after-school” free time activities what you can do here. Check Peek A Boo children’s playground for some weekend fun.
Wide selection of things to do
- One big advantage of Sanur is that you can take a walk anytime you want. Not only on the beach but on the streets as well.
- If we are talking about Bali, cycling is the last thing what comes to our mind. You won’t believe first but it is common here to rent a bicycle and explore the surroundings.
- However surfing is not the main attraction of Sanur, there are beaches nearby where you can try it even if you are a beginner. Serangan beach will be perfect for you from November to March. In case you have more advanced skills in surfing Keramas beach is your place to be.
- Other water sports like diving, kitesurfing, windsurfing, wakeboarding or paragliding are available for the adventure lovers.
- For the lazy ones a romantic sunrise on the beach can be also defined as a sport activity.
- Visiting the famous Turtle Conservation Centre on Serangan Island is always fun and educative for the little ones as well as for the elderly.
- Take artistic photos at the Taman Festival Bali. It is a famous abandoned amusement park which has never opened its doors.
- Learn more about culture, environment, art and sports on events like Sanur Village Festival or Sanur International Kites Festival.
Beaches for leisure
Swimming on the west coastline can be quite dangerous or sometimes impossible due to the huge beach breaks and strong currents. Luckily Sanur is different. There is a long reef which blocks the waves therefore swimming in the shallow water is enjoyable for everybody. Inside the reef is safe for small kids as well. You only have to keep off the port area.
Eat, eat, eat
Not surprisingly you can find many restaurants and cafés in both Indonesian and Western style depending on your budget and taste. Café Batujimbar where you can have a nice lunch or just an afternoon coffee is one of the expats’ favourite in the area. If you are about to try traditional dishes, there is no shortage of cheap Indonesian eateries for example Warung Mak Beng.
Do not miss Pasar Sindu Market, Sanur’s Night Market where you can find small treasures of the Balinese arts and also the best Indonesian flavours in town for cheap prices. On a lazy Sunday you can mix dining and leisure while enjoying Balinese hospitality at Byrdhouse Beach Club.
Villas and resorts for all budgets
Comfortable villa life is one of the numerous reasons why we love living in Bali. Beachfront villas with beautiful lush gardens and lots of space for all members of the family are available in calm, relaxing environment.
All of the above contribute to your ultimate laid back experience once you set your foot in Sanur. So are you interested in kicking of your property search in one of the most relaxed area of Bali? Find all of the best villas in Sanur on our page whether you are searching for yearly long term rentals in Sanur, leasehold property in Sanur or villas for sale in Sanur, we got you covered!
Bali Treasure Properties is a Real Estate Agency based in Bali. Our mission is to provide a new form of personalized, consistent, transparent and honest service for renters, buyers and owners.
Whether you are searching for a villa long term rental or want buy property and looking for villas for sale & land for sale in Bali – we are happy to help. Contact us by mail email@example.com and follow us on Facebook.
|Jl. Subak Sari No.2c, Canggu – Brawa Kuta Utara, Kab. Badung, Bali 80361 – Indonesia
|Opening hours: Monday – Friday (9:00- 17:00) Saturday (9:00- 13:00)
|Office : +62 851 0015 2013 (9:00-17:00)
|Mobile: +62 878 6050 0289 (9:00-17:00)